Re: Best Prometheus exporter?

От Ruohang Feng
Тема Re: Best Prometheus exporter?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Victor: 1. There is no official docker image. But there's a dockerfile: https://github.com/Vonng/pg_exporter/blob/master/Dockerfile It is a single binary that could be just ADD to a docker image, and receive parameters via ENVIRONMENT. Maybe I would create an image in dockerhub in next minor release. 2. You can setup monitoring staff manually with following resources: Grafana Dashboards: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/tree/master/roles/grafana/files/dashboards/pgsql Prometheus Config: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/prometheus/files/example/prometheus-static.yml Prometheus Rules: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/prometheus/files/rules/pgsql-rules.yml Prometheus Targets: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/register/tasks/prometheus.yml PG Exporter Config: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/blob/master/roles/monitor/files/pg_exporter.yml Another option is only using the monitoring part of Pigsty which could setup everything automatically.
Install pigsty on a standalone machine, and it can be used for monitoring existing external postgres instances (with a viable PGURL only). http://demo.pigsty.cc/d/home Regards~

2021年11月9日 17:55,Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> 写道:

Hello Ruohang!

I've installed pg_exporter (very simple setup) and indeed I'm
impressed. All the metrics are customizable and the default set of
metrics in the stock config is impressive.

You are the author so can I ask a few questions?

1. Are you providing an official docker image, or a single binary I
could just ADD to a docker image, without the additional RUN steps for
curl'ing and unpacking? An official docker image would be best of
course.

2. I don't think I'm presently going to use the whole of Pigsty, we
are already using some in-house scripts over Patroni, but a collection
of Grafana dashboards using the pg_exporter metrics is something I'd
love having. Is it possible to get them separately from Pigsty?

The exporter itsef is grand!

Ruohang Feng wrote:
I would recommend  https://github.com/Vonng/pg_exporter for some reasons:

Support both Postgres & Pgbouncer
Flexible: Almost all metrics are defined in customizable configuration files in SQL style.
Fine-grained execution control: Tags Filter, Facts Filter, Version Filter, Timeout, Cache, etc..
Dynamic Planning: you could define multiple branches for a collecto. Queries matches server version & fact & tags will be actually executed.
Configurable caching policy & query timeout
Rich metrics about pg_exporter itself.
Auto discovery multi-database in the same instance
Tested and verified in real world production environment for 3+ years (200+ Nodes)

The most important part is: it has a complete solution for monitoring & dashboards:

https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty
https://pigsty.cc <https://pigsty.cc/>

Dashboards screenshots: https://github.com/Vonng/pigsty/raw/master/docs/_media/overview-monitor.jpg

2021年11月9日 02:49,Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> 写道:

Dear Colleagues,

What good Prometheus exporter for Postgres can you recommend (from your own experience)?

--
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--