Re: moderninzing/upgrading mail list format

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: moderninzing/upgrading mail list format
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6 July 2010 16:50, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 07/05/10 2:43 PM, Dennis Gearon wrote:
>>
>> I belong to MANY email listservers, probably like all of us.
>>
>> All of them, I am on digest.
>>

> I quit using digests many years ago when threaded email clients with
> filtering support came along.  instead, I have a postgres folder in my mail
> client (currently Mozilla Thunderbird), and I filter any message with
> [GENERAL] in the subject to this folder.   I can breeze through the new
> messages in the folder by hitting 'N' repeatedly.

I use the GMail web client which reads very well, especially since I
put a filter on emails to and from *@postgresql.org to auto-archive
them and label them "PostgreSQL".  That means none of them appear in
my inbox, but I can just click on the PostgreSQL label to list them.

A problem only comes when there have been over 100 emails in a thread,
which then puts further emails into another grouping, usually
beginning with "Re: "  Not generally a big issue though.

I had a look at the Google Groups, but it's so littered with spam that
I found it far less accessible.

Thom