Re: BUG #5674: initdb failed if path contains symlink

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #5674: initdb failed if path contains symlink
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:05, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Itagaki Takahiro
> <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Windows 7 supports symbolic links like UNIX,
>> but initdb cannot initialize a database cluster
>> if the path (-D) contains symlinks.
>
> The bug might come from the following bug by Microsoft:
> http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/595553/stat-fu=
nction-returns-error-for-directory-symbolic-links

> Note that initdb in 8.4 worked expectedly because it is built with MSVC 2=
005,
> but initdb in 9.0 won't work because built with MSVC 2008 :-( .

Ouch.

We could work around it in this place (we could specifically ignore
the "file exists" error on the mkdir call), I guess. But how likely is
that to bite us elsewhere then?

--=20
=A0Magnus Hagander
=A0Me: http://www.hagander.net/
=A0Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5678: libpq.so.4 is needed for pgadmin3
От: fazal rahman
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5678: libpq.so.4 is needed for pgadmin3