Re: BUG #5674: initdb failed if path contains symlink

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5674: initdb failed if path contains symlink
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/595553/stat-function-returns-error-for-directory-symbolic-links

>> Note that initdb in 8.4 worked expectedly because it is built with MSVC 2005,
>> but initdb in 9.0 won't work because built with MSVC 2008 :-( .

> Ouch.

> We could work around it in this place (we could specifically ignore
> the "file exists" error on the mkdir call), I guess. But how likely is
> that to bite us elsewhere then?

That cure seems worse than the disease.  We don't have to support
symlinks in the datadir path; we do have to be sure that we're not
overwriting an existing DB.

I think this is a Microsoft bug and it's their problem to fix, not ours.