Re: JDBC gripe list

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Quartz <quartz12h@yahoo.com> wrote:
> addBatch()/executeBatch() is broken under autocommit=true.
>
> Every statement is clearly supposed to be independant.
> Example: 5 insert statements, let's say the 2th and the 4th are on duplicate of primary key. All 3 others should
stillbe performed but they aren't.

> This breaks our application. We migrated from mysql, and BOOM...

I would think the concept of execute batch would infer that they
should all commit or none should. This line from the API seems to
infer that

"Submits a batch of commands to the database for execution and if all
commands execute successfully, returns an array of update counts."

Where it states "if all commands execute successfully" implies a
transaction in the postgresql world.

Dave