Re: JDBC gripe list

От Quartz
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
And I would add, the batch is considered a single transaction even though autocommit is true, which causes deadlock
whenyou set a batch of updates in an order that will cause a deadlock.

Example: make a batch of updates for pk ID=1 to 10 while you make a 2nd batch from id=10 to 1. To increase the chance
ofsuccess with a deadlock, you can toss in a pg_sleep() call to slow things down.

You will see a deadlock even though you never intended to use a lock.
As you might guess, this break our application ported from mysql...

The workaround is very bad: either sorting updates batch by PK which is costly, and sometimes not possible unless you
totallyknow the semantic of the sql you are attempting, or interlacing a hack "COMMIT" as a sql statement in the batch,
whichis not legal since there was no "BEGIN" (but triggers something in postgres).