Re: Comparison with "true" in source code

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: Comparison with "true" in source code
Дата
Re: Comparison with "true" in source code  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 12:17:02PM +0900, Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
>> There are some "== true" in the codes, but they might not be safe
>> because all non-zero values are true in C. Is it worth cleaning up them?

Here is a proposed cleanup that replaces "boolean == true" with "boolean".
I didn't touch "== false" unless they are not in pairs of comparisons
with true because comparison with false is a valid C code.

Note that I also changed "boolean != true" in pg_upgrade,
but I didn't change ones in xlog.c because it might check
corrupted fields in control files.

>> src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/ecpg.c(310):
>>    ptr2ext[3] = (header_mode == true) ? 'h' : 'c';
> I actually see no reason why these variables are not defined as bool instead of
> int, so I changed this. Hopefully I found all of them.

I added an additional cleanup to 'header_mode' in ecpg; I changed the type
from bool to char to hold 'h' or 'c'. Do you think it is reasonable?

--
Itagaki Takahiro

Вложения