Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> $SUBJECT seems to be less than 12 hours, which is annoyingly
>>> short.  I don't see a good reason why I should have to log in
>>> again every morning.  I could see expiring the cookie in a week or
>>> so, or tying it to a particular IP address, but this is just
>>> getting in the way.
>
>> Could it be a firewall doing that to you?
>
> Don't see how a firewall could affect cookies.  Possibly this is a
> browser-specific issue, though.  I'm using current-rev Safari on a Mac.
> I notice it shows the commitfest cookie as having no particular
> expiration time, which may mean that some Apple-specific expiration
> policy gets applied.  But on the other hand, when I got prompted to
> log in this morning, I checked the cookie list and there was such a
> cookie there already --- so it wasn't that the browser had just dropped
> it.

*scratches head*

I don't see how that's possible, unless your browser is eating cookies
for breakfast.  There's no code anywhere in the application to (a)
remove cookies from the database or (b) refuse to use cookies that are
in the database based on the time they were issued. I can change the
code to set an expires header (in fact, I'm working on that that now),
but the symptoms you describe are inexplicable.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company