Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 August 2010 16:26, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be a firewall doing that to you?
>>
>> Don't see how a firewall could affect cookies.  Possibly this is a
>> browser-specific issue, though.  I'm using current-rev Safari on a Mac.
>> I notice it shows the commitfest cookie as having no particular
>> expiration time, which may mean that some Apple-specific expiration
>> policy gets applied.  But on the other hand, when I got prompted to
>> log in this morning, I checked the cookie list and there was such a
>> cookie there already --- so it wasn't that the browser had just dropped
>> it.
>
> *scratches head*
>
> I don't see how that's possible, unless your browser is eating cookies
> for breakfast.  There's no code anywhere in the application to (a)
> remove cookies from the database or (b) refuse to use cookies that are
> in the database based on the time they were issued. I can change the
> code to set an expires header (in fact, I'm working on that that now),
> but the symptoms you describe are inexplicable.
>
> --

Not anything to do with this?:

http://hivelogic.com/articles/the-safari-cookie-issue-fixed

--
Thom Brown
Registered Linux user: #516935

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: host name support in pg_hba.conf