Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> On 10 August 2010 16:26, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't see how that's possible, unless your browser is eating cookies
>> for breakfast. �There's no code anywhere in the application to (a)
>> remove cookies from the database or (b) refuse to use cookies that are
>> in the database based on the time they were issued. I can change the
>> code to set an expires header (in fact, I'm working on that that now),
>> but the symptoms you describe are inexplicable.

> Not anything to do with this?:
> http://hivelogic.com/articles/the-safari-cookie-issue-fixed

Dunno, because that update was months ago.  Robert's comments make the
situation even odder, though, because I have *always* seen the
commitfest app want me to log back in anytime I hadn't used it recently.
I assumed that was policy.  I only complained because the timeout seemed
to have dropped to an irrationally short value during this fest.

Anyway, maybe setting a normal expires date will make it work better.