Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> On 10 August 2010 16:26, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't see how that's possible, unless your browser is eating cookies
>>> for breakfast.  There's no code anywhere in the application to (a)
>>> remove cookies from the database or (b) refuse to use cookies that are
>>> in the database based on the time they were issued. I can change the
>>> code to set an expires header (in fact, I'm working on that that now),
>>> but the symptoms you describe are inexplicable.
>
>> Not anything to do with this?:
>> http://hivelogic.com/articles/the-safari-cookie-issue-fixed
>
> Dunno, because that update was months ago.  Robert's comments make the
> situation even odder, though, because I have *always* seen the
> commitfest app want me to log back in anytime I hadn't used it recently.
> I assumed that was policy.  I only complained because the timeout seemed
> to have dropped to an irrationally short value during this fest.
>
> Anyway, maybe setting a normal expires date will make it work better.

Done.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgcommitfest.git;a=summary

While I was at it, I implemented a feature I've been wanting for a
while: I made the "Status Summary" line at the top of the CommitFest
page have links to filter by status.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company