Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> $SUBJECT seems to be less than 12 hours, which is annoyingly
>> short.  I don't see a good reason why I should have to log in
>> again every morning.  I could see expiring the cookie in a week or
>> so, or tying it to a particular IP address, but this is just
>> getting in the way.
> Could it be a firewall doing that to you?

Don't see how a firewall could affect cookies.  Possibly this is a
browser-specific issue, though.  I'm using current-rev Safari on a Mac.
I notice it shows the commitfest cookie as having no particular
expiration time, which may mean that some Apple-specific expiration
policy gets applied.  But on the other hand, when I got prompted to
log in this morning, I checked the cookie list and there was such a
cookie there already --- so it wasn't that the browser had just dropped
it.