Re: Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> in pgsql it's not possible to define, that numeric values are returned in
> localized numeric format. In our case (Austria) we use comma as decimal mark
> and not period.
> When opening a pgadmin-exported CSV-File, we have troubles in Excel, because
> it doesn't recognize numeric values properly. We would have to change the
> locale settings in excel so that this works properly.
> This patch enables an option in the query tool tab, where you can decide if
> you like to use comma as decimal mark. It only applies on numeric values.
> It also works, if you copy and paste from the result grid into excel.
> I've done this work to make my people's life at work easier. If it's not
> suitable for a release, please ignore it. In this case I'm going to build
> "our own" version of pgadmin on each release.

It seems to me that the correct way to deal with this is to display
the numerics in a locale-aware fashion, and then copy/paste and export
etc. should just work, *and* the display will be properly localised.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company