Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

in pgsql it's not possible to define, that numeric values are returned in localized numeric format. In our case (Austria) we use comma as decimal mark and not period.
When opening a pgadmin-exported CSV-File, we have troubles in Excel, because it doesn't recognize numeric values properly. We would have to change the locale settings in excel so that this works properly.

This patch enables an option in the query tool tab, where you can decide if you like to use comma as decimal mark. It only applies on numeric values.
It also works, if you copy and paste from the result grid into excel.

I've done this work to make my people's life at work easier. If it's not suitable for a release, please ignore it. In this case I'm going to build "our own" version of pgadmin on each release.

Regards,
Jasmin

Вложения