Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
>> <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>>> Please note that the SQL scripts seem to be encoded in latin9.
>>
>> Seems like an odd choice.  Why not UTF-8?
>
> Not a choice, just what's already in…

Sure, I get it.  I'm guessing that many of the scripts will work in a
wide variety of encodings because they're a subset of ASCII.  Should
we think about converting the others to UTF-8, or is that a bad idea?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company