Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)
Дата
Ответы Extensions, patch v19 (encoding brainfart fix) (was: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes))  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)  ("David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

>>> Seems like an odd choice. �Why not UTF-8?

>> Not a choice, just what's already in�

> Sure, I get it.  I'm guessing that many of the scripts will work in a
> wide variety of encodings because they're a subset of ASCII.  Should
> we think about converting the others to UTF-8, or is that a bad idea?

I would think that we want to establish the same policy as we have for
dictionary files: they're assumed to be UTF-8.  I don't believe there
should be an encoding option at all.  If we didn't need one for
dictionary files, there is *surely* no reason why we have to have one
for extension SQL files.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] queriing the version of libpq
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] queriing the version of libpq