Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> We use the existance of the "crashdumps" directory as an indication we
> want crashdumps. That's fine when the system is up. But what if we
> crash *in the postmaster before we have done chdir()*?
>
> Should we perhaps instead define a subdirectory of *where the .EXE
> file is*, and dump the file there?

That seems pretty ugly, for a pretty marginal case.  The number of
crashes that are going to happen in the postmaster before we've done
chdir() should be extremely small, especially if we're talking about
crashes in the field rather than during development.  How about adding
a command-line option to force a dump to be written in $CWD whether a
crashdumps directory exists or not?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)
Сообщение: Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)