Re: pgAdmin III 1.12.0 on Windows Server 2003

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin III 1.12.0 on Windows Server 2003
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Patrik Wenger <paddor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You'll need to install (or copy to the pgAdmin directory) the VC++
>> 2008 runtimes. You can download the installer from microsoft.com.
> Could you provide me an archive of that directory? I don't have VC++ and I can't install it on that machine.

I'm afraid not, as distributing the runtimes like that isn't allowed
by the licence. Surely you have a PC somewhere and can install them on
that, and copy to your production machine?

> Nor I won't do it on any other Windows machine.

With respect, if you won't do it, why should I?

> By the way, this is no bug? You intended to change it this way?

No it's not a bug. It's a consequence of us using VC++ 2008 instead of
2005. Next year it'll probably be built with 2010. I suspect you have
some other software on your servers that already had the 2005 runtimes
installed, which is why pgAdmin worked as it did. On a clean
installation of Windows it wouldn't work like that.

>> Aside from you there hasn't been any requests for them.
> Would it be that difficult for you? I and my team would be very thankful.

It probably would be tricky to automate as we need to figure out where
to get the runtimes from. Different versions get installed
side-by-side in different directories, and I'm not sure how you are
supposed to figure that out (you don't need to to just use them).
Doing it manually would be time consuming, and I'm afraid I already
spend 12+ hours a day working most of the time, and really don't want
to add to that.

Maybe someone else can help?

--
Dave Page