Re: pgAdmin III 1.12.0 on Windows Server 2003

От Patrik Wenger
Тема Re: pgAdmin III 1.12.0 on Windows Server 2003
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
>> Nor I won't do it on any other Windows machine.
>
> With respect, if you won't do it, why should I?
Hehe, I don't know. Maybe because you like working on Windows?
Of course, you don't have to. :-)

>> By the way, this is no bug? You intended to change it this way?
>
> No it's not a bug. It's a consequence of us using VC++ 2008 instead of
> 2005. Next year it'll probably be built with 2010. I suspect you have
> some other software on your servers that already had the 2005 runtimes
> installed, which is why pgAdmin worked as it did. On a clean
> installation of Windows it wouldn't work like that.
Oh I see. So that's why it worked and now it doesn't. I understand.
Thank you for this information.

>>> Aside from you there hasn't been any requests for them.
>> Would it be that difficult for you? I and my team would be very thankful.
>
> It probably would be tricky to automate as we need to figure out where
> to get the runtimes from. Different versions get installed
> side-by-side in different directories, and I'm not sure how you are
> supposed to figure that out (you don't need to to just use them).
> Doing it manually would be time consuming, and I'm afraid I already
> spend 12+ hours a day working most of the time, and really don't want
> to add to that.
>
> Maybe someone else can help?

Thank you for that explanation. I think I just tell those IT guys to update that VC++ stuff but I'm sure they won't do
it.
Maybe I just try some other GUIs.

Thanks anyway. :-)

От: "Ernst W. Winter"
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin III 1.12
От: Mauro Bertoli
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III 1.12 strange behaviour in text editing