Re: libpq changes for synchronous replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: libpq changes for synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just in a quick scan, I don't have any objection to v2 except that the
>> protocol documentation is lacking.
>
> OK, I'll mark it Waiting on Author pending that issue.

The patch is touching protocol.sgml as follows. Isn't this enough?

-----------------------------
*** a/doc/src/sgml/protocol.sgml
--- b/doc/src/sgml/protocol.sgml
***************
*** 1344,1350 **** The commands accepted in walsender mode are:       WAL position
<replaceable>XXX</>/<replaceable>XXX</>.      The server can reply with an error, e.g. if the requested section of WAL
    has already been recycled. On success, server responds with a

!       CopyOutResponse message, and then starts to stream WAL to the frontend.       WAL will continue to be streamed
untilthe connection is broken;       no further commands will be accepted.      </para>

--- 1344,1350 ----       WAL position <replaceable>XXX</>/<replaceable>XXX</>.       The server can reply with an
error,e.g. if the requested section of WAL       has already been recycled. On success, server responds with a

!       CopyXLogResponse message, and then starts to stream WAL to the frontend.       WAL will continue to be streamed
untilthe connection is broken;       no further commands will be accepted.      </para>

***************
*** 2696,2701 **** CopyOutResponse (B)
--- 2696,2737 ----
 <varlistentry> <term>
+ CopyXLogResponse (B)
+ </term>
+ <listitem>
+ <para>
+
+ <variablelist>
+ <varlistentry>
+ <term>
+         Byte1('W')
+ </term>
+ <listitem>
+ <para>
+                 Identifies the message as a Start Copy XLog response.
+                 This message is used only for Streaming Replication.
+ </para>
+ </listitem>
+ </varlistentry>
+ <varlistentry>
+ <term>
+         Int32
+ </term>
+ <listitem>
+ <para>
+                 Length of message contents in bytes, including self.
+ </para>
+ </listitem>
+ </varlistentry>
+ </variablelist>