Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.11.2010 19:36, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> Hmm, will have to do some benchmarking on that. I'm using the Consistent
>> function when walking down to check if the downlink needs to be updated,
>> and assumed that it would be insignificant compared to the cost of
>> calling Penalty on all the keys on the page.
> Why consistent?! It's impossible - you don't know right strategy number,
> index with storage type/over type could do not accept the same type as
> query. Index over tsvector is an example.

Sorry, I was confused. I'm calling the gistgetadjusted() function, which
uses the Union function. Ie. I'm doing the same we did before when
propagating the changes up the tree. I'm just doing it on the way down
instead.

I ran some quick performance tests on my laptop, and couldn't see any
measurable difference with the patch. So I think we're good on
performance. I used the attached scripts, with \timing.

Have you had a chance to look at the patch yet? I'm hesitant to commit
before you take a look at it, though I still have to proofread it myself
as well.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Вложения