Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, will have to do some benchmarking on that. I'm using the Consistent
> function when walking down to check if the downlink needs to be updated,
> and assumed that it would be insignificant compared to the cost of
> calling Penalty on all the keys on the page.
Why consistent?! It's impossible - you don't know right strategy number, index
with storage type/over type could do not accept the same type as query. Index
over tsvector is an example.

> There should be no difference in performance here AFAICS. The children
> need to be updated a second time to clear the flag, but we don't release
> the locks on them in the middle, and we're only talking about setting a
> single flag, so it should make no difference.

Agree with that
  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: HOT updates in index-less tables
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: changing MyDatabaseId