Re: SSI performance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: SSI performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 04.02.2011 15:37, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> Not sure.  How much benefit do we get from upgrading tuple locks to
>> page locks?  Should we just upgrade from tuple locks to full-relation
>> locks?
>
> Hmm, good question. Page-locks are the coarsest level for the b-tree locks,
> but maybe that would make sense for the heap.
>
>> It also seems like there might be some benefit to caching the
>> knowledge that we have a full-relation lock somewhere, so that once we
>> get one we needn't keep checking that.  Not sure if that actually
>> makes sense...
>
> Well, if you reverse the order of the hash table lookups, that's effectively
> what you get.

I was wondering if it could be cached someplace that was cheaper to
examine, though, like (stabs wildly) the executor scan state.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3