Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?

От Roger Demetrescu
Тема Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:37, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Roger Demetrescu
> <roger.demetrescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 09:35, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> > <guillaume@lelarge.info>

>> > If the username is specific to the database, then it doesn't make sense
>> > ask for it when connecting to the server. What is required (I think) is
>> > the
>> > ability to specify a role for each database. It would be stored as a
>> > per-user setting alongside the schema restriction.
>>
>> But wouldn't that require me to connect to the server as 'postgres' ?
>
> No, it would require you to connect as one particular user, but not
> necessarily postgres.
>

>> Otherwise how would you allow one to play as 'user2' in database2 if
>> he connected as 'user1' in the server ?
>
> By selecting a different role as I suggested.
>>
>> Anyway, I never heard about one been able to play multiples roles
>> using the same connection.
>>

> Different databases always have different connections.

Ok, got it...

So, we could have one or more of the following possibilites:

1 - Allow blank username in server configuration. Whem emptied, the
username would be filled while connecting at at server.

2 - User the owner rule of a database to connect to it.
   (2a) Maybe a server configuration should exist to turn off this feature   (2b) Allow to connect to a database using
adifferent role (when
the owner rule is not desired)

Whom should I talk to suggest those features in a future pgAdmin version ?

Thank you !!

Roger

Сообщение: Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?
Сообщение: Re: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?