Re: temporary tables, indexes, and query plans

От Justin Pitts
Тема Re: temporary tables, indexes, and query plans
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Jason Pitts:
> RE: changing default_statistics_target (or via ALTER TABLE SET STATS)
> not taking effect until ANALYZE is performed.
>
> I did already know that, but it's probably good to put into this
> thread. However, you'll note that this is a temporary table created at
> the beginning of a transaction.

( giving up on replying to the group; the list will not accept my posts )
I've been following the thread so long I had forgotten that. I rather
strongly doubt that analyze can reach that table's content inside that
transaction, if you are creating, populating, and querying it all
within that single transaction.