Re: temporary tables, indexes, and query plans

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: temporary tables, indexes, and query plans
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Justin Pitts <justinpitts@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jason Pitts:
>> RE: changing default_statistics_target (or via ALTER TABLE SET STATS)
>> not taking effect until ANALYZE is performed.
>>
>> I did already know that, but it's probably good to put into this
>> thread. However, you'll note that this is a temporary table created at
>> the beginning of a transaction.
>>

> ( giving up on replying to the group; the list will not accept my posts )

Evidently it's accepting some of them...

> I've been following the thread so long I had forgotten that. I rather
> strongly doubt that analyze can reach that table's content inside that
> transaction, if you are creating, populating, and querying it all
> within that single transaction.

Actually I don't think that's a problem, at least for a manual ANALYZE.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump
Сообщение: Re: typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump