Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:17 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

>> > I forgot.
>>
>> A fair excuse.  :-)

>> > It's pretty trivial, but I don't feel comfortable adding it
>> > after the close. :/
>>
>> So add it to the next one, and we'll get it then if nobody picks it up sooner...
>
> Given its small and isolated nature, I was hoping we could get this in
> sooner rather than later.  As I understand it, CFs are there to review
> patches that take significant effort for even a committer to
> understand, so this doesn't really fit that model.

Well, then add it to this one if you think that's more appropriate.
My point is simple: I review patches because they are in the CF queue.Your point seems to be: put mine ahead of the
others,and review it
immediately.  Someone else may very well be willing to do that; I'm
not.

> David (refraining from mentioning anything about the time taken today
> to discuss this vs. the time it would have taken to push the thing)

Mention anything you want.  My guess is it would take me an hour.
You're certainly right that this discussion is a waste of time, but
possibly not for the reasons you are supposing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company