Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 01:36, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> Ah yes, thinking it's an easy patch is not helping. Please find attached
>> a revised version of it.
>
> I checked cfparser.v2.patch.
>
> It exports the static parseRecoveryCommandFileLine() in xlog.c
> as the global cfParseOneLine() in cfparser.c without modification.
>
> It generates one warning, but it can be easily fixed.
>  cfparser.c:34: warning: no previous prototype for 'cfParseOneLine'
>
> Some discussions about the patch:
>
> * Is "cf" the best name for the prefix? Less abbreviated forms might
>  be less confusable. Personally, I prefer "conf".
>
> * Can we export ParseConfigFile() in guc-file.l rather than
>  parseRecoveryCommandFileLine()? It can solve the issue that unquoted
>  parameter values in recovery.conf are not recognized. Even if we
>  won't merge them, just allowing unquoted values would be useful.

I'd really like to see postgresql.conf and recovery.conf parsing
merged, and I suspect, as Itagaki-san says, that postgresql.conf
parsing is the better model for any new code.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql
Сообщение: Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql