Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Re: Extensions, this time with a patch  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 01:36, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Ah yes, thinking it's an easy patch is not helping. Please find attached
> a revised version of it.

I checked cfparser.v2.patch.

It exports the static parseRecoveryCommandFileLine() in xlog.c
as the global cfParseOneLine() in cfparser.c without modification.

It generates one warning, but it can be easily fixed. cfparser.c:34: warning: no previous prototype for
'cfParseOneLine'

Some discussions about the patch:

* Is "cf" the best name for the prefix? Less abbreviated forms might be less confusable. Personally, I prefer "conf".

* Can we export ParseConfigFile() in guc-file.l rather than parseRecoveryCommandFileLine()? It can solve the issue that
unquotedparameter values in recovery.conf are not recognized. Even if we won't merge them, just allowing unquoted
valueswould be useful.

--
Itagaki Takahiro