Re: accout password

От raghu ram
Тема Re: accout password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Fredy Khan <fredy18@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello i have postgresql 9.0 and i am using windows xp. In command prompt i go to my installation bin c:\postgresql\9.0\bin n run pgsql.exe. The problem is that after that it asks for a password for my window account which is 'fredy' . I have not set any password n if i enter my user account password it dosnt work. i have also tried admin, postgres, etc but nothing works. I would appreciate elp in this matter. thank u

Could you please try below steps to connect the PostgreSQL Database::

1. Please issue the following command in the run box ( start --> run )  as follows:

runas /user:postgres cmd

This command opens command prompt as a postgres user.

2. Now connect the database using below command:

cd c:\postgresql\9.0\bin

psql.exe -d postgres -p 5432 -U postgres

Password:: [Provide postgres user assigned password at the time of installation]

--Raghu Ram