Re: Off topic - Japanese PostgreSQL community

От Lou Picciano
Тема Re: Off topic - Japanese PostgreSQL community
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mr. Masao,

Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes must go out to the Japanese People at this time, not only for your great loss...

But also with our fervent hopes that any larger tragedy will still be avoided. I cannot help but think of the small group of workers in those plants who may well be, as we speak, essentially giving up their lives for the benefit of their families, friends - for their country.

Our thoughts are with you - we only wish we could do more to help - and I'm sure everyone in The United States feels this way.

Lou Picciano

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fujii Masao" <masao.fujii@gmail.com>
To: "Rosser Schwarz" <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us>, "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj@servoyant.com>, pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:08:49 AM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Off topic - Japanese PostgreSQL community

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Rosser Schwarz
<rosser.schwarz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:
>>> Has anyone heard from the Japanese members of the community?
>
>> Yes, I posted a list of Japan members who have reported their safety to
>> the Postgres IRC channel yesterday:
>
>>        Atsuni Mitani
>>        Fuji Masao
>>        Hiroshi Saito
>>        Satoshi Nagayasu
>>        Tatsuo Ishii
>
> I believe I saw a post to -HACKERS from Itagaki-san, with a follow-up
> from Fujii-san shortly after, both dated a few hours after the quake
> struck.
>
> I'm personally greatly relieved to hear they are safe, mostly for
> their sake, but also for ours. The community would be sorely
> diminished without their contributions.
>
> Arigatou!

Thank you all for your concern. Fortunately I and my family are all safe.
But there are too many suffering people in disaster area. I can't help but
care about and pray for them..

And, we are facing lots of afterquakes, nuclear crisis and power outage, etc.
So I'm not sure how much I can contribute for PostgreSQL development
in 9.1 alpha/beta phase. Though I'll do my best.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center