Re: documentation navigation

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: documentation navigation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 28 January 2011 02:35, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> There has been discussion about how hard it is to navigate our
> documentation, particularly the lack of an "Up" link at the top of the
> page, and uselessness of the "fast forward/backward" links.
>
> Who is going to correct this?  Should I do it?  Where should I look?

I'd find it more useful if the navigation were more like the French
version of the docs.  Instead of prev/next, it replaces them with the
titles of the sections those links would navigate to, although I think
it would be nicer to precede it with the section number too.  I don't
think "up" is particularly useful either, since it's not clear what
page you'll land on, which again, the French docs have solved by
having a breadcrumb-style nav at the top.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion