Re: Building PDFs error: \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Building PDFs error: \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue ene 27 20:57:27 -0300 2011:

> http://tug.org/errors.html
> explains that this error message occurs when a hyperlink would get split
> across a page boundary in the PDF output.  The recommended solution is
> to adjust your text to prevent the link from being split, which is
> probably sensible from a usability standpoint even if it's a PITA for
> development.  So that explains why we get the error from perfectly valid
> SGML, why it comes and goes after seemingly-unrelated changes, and why
> you sometimes see it only in US or only in A4 output.

Wow, that sucks.  One wonders why it doesn't go to the trouble of moving
the entire para to the next page, or some such.

> (Note: if you just do "make postgres-A4.pdf", make will unhelpfully
> throw away the tex-pdf intermediate file upon error.  What I have done
> when I needed to look is to explicitly "make postgres-A4.tex-pdf" and
> then "make postgres-A4.pdf", which keeps make from discarding the
> tex-pdf file when the second step fails.  I wonder though if we could
> tweak the makefile to make this less inconvenient.)

Maybe mark it .PRECIOUS?