Re: Building PDFs error: \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Building PDFs error: \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue ene 27 20:57:27 -0300 2011:
>> (Note: if you just do "make postgres-A4.pdf", make will unhelpfully
>> throw away the tex-pdf intermediate file upon error.  What I have done
>> when I needed to look is to explicitly "make postgres-A4.tex-pdf" and
>> then "make postgres-A4.pdf", which keeps make from discarding the
>> tex-pdf file when the second step fails.  I wonder though if we could
>> tweak the makefile to make this less inconvenient.)

> Maybe mark it .PRECIOUS?

Well, it is only an intermediate file, so not sure we want that.
I was wondering more about a behavior where the file would be thrown
away on successful completion but *not* if pdftex fails.  I think we
could have that if the sequence were folded into just one make rule
... is there a good reason for .tex-pdf to be a separate target?