Problem with documentation of upgrades

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Problem with documentation of upgrades
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
In looking over how upgrades are documented, it seems we talk about
dumping/reloading in two place in our documentation:

    Chapter 15. Installation from Source Code
    15.4. Upgrading
    http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/install-upgrading.html

and:

    Chapter 24. Backup and Restore
    24.4. Migration Between Releases
    http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/migration.html

The steps listed also use slightly different syntax, e.g. psql [-d], and
we call one "migrating" and the other "upgrading".

This really needs a cleanup.  Any suggestions?  I feel the two sections
really need to be merged.  Where should the combined section be placed?