Обсуждение: documentation navigation

documentation navigation

Дата:
There has been discussion about how hard it is to navigate our
documentation, particularly the lack of an "Up" link at the top of the
page, and uselessness of the "fast forward/backward" links.

Who is going to correct this?  Should I do it?  Where should I look?

Re: documentation navigation

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 28 January 2011 02:35, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> There has been discussion about how hard it is to navigate our
> documentation, particularly the lack of an "Up" link at the top of the
> page, and uselessness of the "fast forward/backward" links.
>
> Who is going to correct this?  Should I do it?  Where should I look?

I'd find it more useful if the navigation were more like the French
version of the docs.  Instead of prev/next, it replaces them with the
titles of the sections those links would navigate to, although I think
it would be nicer to precede it with the section number too.  I don't
think "up" is particularly useful either, since it's not clear what
page you'll land on, which again, the French docs have solved by
having a breadcrumb-style nav at the top.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

Re: documentation navigation

Дата:
Thom Brown wrote:
> On 28 January 2011 02:35, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > There has been discussion about how hard it is to navigate our
> > documentation, particularly the lack of an "Up" link at the top of the
> > page, and uselessness of the "fast forward/backward" links.
> >
> > Who is going to correct this? ?Should I do it? ?Where should I look?
>
> I'd find it more useful if the navigation were more like the French
> version of the docs.  Instead of prev/next, it replaces them with the
> titles of the sections those links would navigate to, although I think
> it would be nicer to precede it with the section number too.  I don't
> think "up" is particularly useful either, since it's not clear what
> page you'll land on, which again, the French docs have solved by
> having a breadcrumb-style nav at the top.

Agreed.  That would be even better.  My point was just that we should do
_something_.