Re: Postgres open source upgrades

От Teja Jakkidi
Тема Re: Postgres open source upgrades
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you very much, Momjian.

I also tried to test a minor upgrade with online documentation I found. I implemented the below steps for upgrading
from14.1 to 14.2 and this is open source.
Before upgrade binary location is /postgres/14
1. Stop the cluster
2. Rename old binary location to /postgres/14.old
3. Create new binary location /postgres/14.2
4. Untar the software,
    Configure in the new directory 14.2 with new unrated software
    Make world
    Make install-world
5. Rename /postgres/14.2 to /postgres/14
6. Start the cluster
Cluster started and I was able to connect remotely with no issues. However when I tried using psql, I got below error:
        Connection to server on socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed.
But my postgres has been using socket file in /tmp location before upgrade. I am not sure why after upgrade psql is
searchingat a different allocation for socket.
Can someone help me here?
Are the steps that I did, correct??

Thanks and Regards,
J. Teja Sri.

> On Jun 28, 2022, at 1:09 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 12:13:11PM -0700, Teja Jakkidi wrote:
>> Hello pgsql-admin,
>>
>> I am very new to Postgres and trying to learn how upgrades work in Postgres.
>> We have open source installation and I am wondering if anyone can help me with correct documentation or steps on
performingminor and major version upgrades.

> Please look here:
>
>    https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
>
> There are links to the documentation there.
>
> --
>  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
>  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com
>
>  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Сообщение: Re: Postgres open source upgrades
Сообщение: Re: Postgres open source upgrades