Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Filip Lyncker
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:03 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6

Dear List,

I need to migrate my database from a 2.x to 3.x. Usually Im using pg_basebackup , but this is not possible with
differentversions.

Pg_dump seems to be an option but it is slow like hell and I dont want to stay offline all the time.
Is there another possibility to migrate  a database with 200 GB ?

Thanks a lot,

cheers

Filip

---

PG 2.7 to 3.6???

Anyway, did you look at pg_upgrade?

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Сообщение: Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6
Сообщение: Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6