Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/15/2015 2:03 PM, Filip Lyncker wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I need to migrate my database from a 2.x to 3.x. Usually Im using
> pg_basebackup , but this is not possible with different versions.
> Pg_dump seems to be an option but it is slow like hell and I dont want
> to stay offline all the time.
> Is there another possibility to migrate  a database with 200 GB ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> cheers
>
> Filip

Postgresql is on version 9.  What do you mean version 2 or 3?

Maybe use replication?

http://www.slony.info/documentation/1.2/versionupgrade.html

Or something similar?

-Andy

От: Igor Neyman
Сообщение: Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6
Сообщение: Re: Best way to migrate a 200 GB database from PG 2.7 to 3.6