Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andre_Mikulec wrote:
> I have been banging my head against the wall for days.

> I can not get Postgre to start.
> This case is the same whether or not Postgre runs as a service or as a
> stand-alone.

> INSTALL
>   PostgreSQLPortable-9.4.1.paf
>     ON HERE C:\Users\AnonymousUser\Downloads\PostgreSQLPortable-9.4

Disclaimer: I don't know "PostgreSQL Portable" - is that regular PostgreSQL?

[...]

> LOG (log) C:\Users\AnonymousUser\Downloads\PostgreSQLPortable-9.4\Data
> SHOWS
>
> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2015-04-27 17:14:40 CDT
> LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
> LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
> LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
> because the target machine actively refused it.
>

> LOG:  incomplete startup packet
> LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
> because the target machine actively refused it.

[...]

It looks like your server has started and feels ok, but that there are
connectivity problems with some client.

Can you connect to the server with psql or pgAdmin III (both from the same
and from a remote machine)?
What is the value of "listen_addresses" in postgresql.conf?

The log messages look like there are network problems.
Perhaps there's a firewall somewhere that you forgot to deactivate?
Can you establish TCP connections to the database server and port
with something like "telnet" (I don't know if that exists on Windows)?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe