Re: Restart or reload after changing the archive_command

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Restart or reload after changing the archive_command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John Scalia wrote:
> I've been looking online for an answer, as my test environment is currently unavailable due to an
> upgrade, but while I know ('cuz it says in the conf file) that a restart is
> required when you change "archive_mode", is a restart or a reload required if the "archive_command" is
> changed? I seem to recall previously that I issued a reload after I changed
> this parameter and I saw in the logs that the new value had been recorded, but I'm not certain.

You already got the answer (reload), but since you mentioned the documentation,
it is a bit tricky in that respect:
If a configuration parameter requires a server restart, the documentation will say
"This parameter can only be set at server start."
Since the archive_command documentation does *not* state that, it can be changed
with a reload.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe