Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brian Wong wrote:
>>> After upgrading postgresql from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, launching pgadmin3's server status window gives an
>>> error dialog box.  This is a pgadmin3 client on Windows.  The error says:

>>> An error has occurred:
>>> ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/adminpack": No such file or directory
>>>
>>> What's strange is that the same upgrade was done on another box and that box doesn't have the same
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> Any one has any idea?  I went into Postgresql and I was able to see adminpack's objects still there.

>> You mean the objects were there on the SQL level?
>> That's what I would expect when I see the error message.
>>
>> You should check if the shared object (adminpack.so or adminpack.dll) is
>> in the library directory on the server.
>> Compare with a server where things are working.

> I meant I went into there with psql and was able to see the adminpack's objects.

That's expected.
Otherwise you'd get a message like:
ERROR:  function whatever() does not exist

> I checked the location of the Postgresql server software(/opt/Postgresql/9.1.9/lib) and couldn't find
> adminpack.so.  On a server for which there's no such an error, I see the same files and those 2 files
> aren't there either.
>
> These servers were installed/patched the same way, so I don't expect any difference in terms of files
> and directories...

If adminpack.so isn't there, you've got a problem.

Which operating system are you on anyway?

One explanation why adminpack might work even though the code is gone
would be that it was already loaded when the file got removed.
Try and restart the server and see if it still works.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error
Сообщение: Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error