Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error

От Brian Wong
Тема Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I meant I went into there with psql and was able to see the adminpack's objects.

I checked the location of the Postgresql server software(/opt/Postgresql/9.1.9/lib) and couldn't find adminpack.so.  On a server for which there's no such an error, I see the same files and those 2 files aren't there either.

These servers were installed/patched the same way, so I don't expect any difference in terms of files and directories...

Brian

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Brian Wong wrote:
> After upgrading postgresql from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, launching pgadmin3's server status window gives an
> error dialog box.  This is a pgadmin3 client on Windows.  The error says:

> An error has occurred:
> ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/adminpack": No such file or directory
>
> What's strange is that the same upgrade was done on another box and that box doesn't have the same
> problem.
>
> Any one has any idea?  I went into Postgresql and I was able to see adminpack's objects still there.

You mean the objects were there on the SQL level?
That's what I would expect when I see the error message.

You should check if the shared object (adminpack.so or adminpack.dll) is
in the library directory on the server.
Compare with a server where things are working.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe