Re: Version Problems on Mac OS X.2 Jaguar

От Brian Hirt
Тема Re: Version Problems on Mac OS X.2 Jaguar
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:02 PM, Babu Khan wrote:

> --- Jeffrey Bohmer <bohmer@visionlink.org> wrote:
>>
>> Do you have an existing 7.2 dump that could be used
>> in a restore now?  If so, you can install 7.3 and
>> restore from that dump.  If not, then you'll need to
>> get 7.2.x (any version of it) on your 10.2 machine
>> to make a dump.  Or, move your existing 7.2.1.5
>> install to a 10.1 machine and make a dump there.
>>
> How do I move existing install onto other 10.1
> machine??
>
> That looks like my only hope now...

You can make an archive of the database directory, transfer it over and
expand it.  If postgres isn't install on the other box, you'll probably
want to compile it or re-install it from a pagkage if that's where you
got it.  Trying to transfer the libraries and executables would be a
pain.

>> For 7.2.x on 10.2, you could try all three versions
>> of Marc's distribution for a functional pg_dump or
>> pg_dumpall.  Or, install fink and try to get 7.2.x
>> working via fink.  Otherwise, you'll need to tweak
>> the 7.2 sources manually (sorry, I can't help you
>> with this last one).
>>

> Don't want to mess around with Fink, but is there a
> way to have 2 version installions on the same machine?

Yes,  when i build postgres, i specify the prefix directory using
--prefix=/somedir  So my development box has a /usr/pg-7.2 and a
/usr/pg-7.3 where the respective installations are done.