Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 13, 2015, at 5:27 AM, Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

> What is your take on this? Is it dangerous to have PgSQL on this disk especially in cases of power outages?

Of course.

> (we have full UPS support, however nothing can be overlooked, anything can happen)

Yeah, had a hospital IT server room lose power to a whole rack. Redundant UPSs throughout the data center, but one rack
notwired correctly, routine maintenance on 1 UPS took down the rack...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Сообщение: Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?