Re: Logging just SQL commands in an SQL script format

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Re: Logging just SQL commands in an SQL script format
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I actually wrote a java application that can strip out the SQL and build
a SQL script file.

If you take a snap shot of your database and then log the SQL commands
you have at least a real world snapshot of the SQL being executed for a
given time.  This gives you some level of measurement when comparing
some settings like memory allocation and index changes.

You are correct it is not perfect.  But it does give you a way to
measure the performance difference to some degree.  Performance tuning a
database is considered an art by many because every database is
different and every server is different.  I am just trying to take a
little of the art out of the equation.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell
Project Manager/Software Architect