Re: Logging just SQL commands in an SQL script format

От Rigmor Ukuhe
Тема Re: Logging just SQL commands in an SQL script format
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Campbell, Lance wrote:
> I want to log all SQL commands as an executable script file for use in
> performance testing.  Currently there is a lot of information in the log
> that is generated that would not be executable.  Below is an example of
> what I would want to see; which is just the SQL.
>

> Example of log output:
>
> Select a,b,c from calendar where a=12;
>
> Select a,b,c from calendar where a=13;

Hi,

Wouldn't SQL statements in log possible be out of order, also transaction info
would be missing?

Even if you do it in application-side, logging query start time and transaction
info, and feed this data to some application that starts to excecute them in
correct time and context, you wouldnt be able to reliably replicate exact
behavior, cause configuration change might change query times too much.
But i see it _can_ be useful in some cases.

Rigmor

--
Rigmor Ukuhe
Finestmedia Ltd | Software Development Team Manager