Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version

От Nelson Manuel Marques
Тема Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom,

You are right, my apologies for rushing in with innacurate information. The=
re is no problem with Red Hat's RPM's, in fact we decided to repackage Post=
greSQL for our needs based on the current work by Red Hat and Fedora (spec =
file / integration), though with a few minor changes.

The main problem was that the 'PGDG' RPMS have a "Provides: postgresql" wit=
hout a version. For what I've seen this suggests they are using the 'altern=
atives' methodology (somehow popular with JAVA), which we don't sympathize.=
 I guess it's the beaty of free software, if you don't like, we can always =
work it out our own way.

I should've digged up more information before filing this report.

Thanks for your great work with PostgreSQL and Fedora/RH packaging.

BR,
NM

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques