Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version
Дата
Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version  (Nelson Manuel Marques <nelson-m-marques@ext.ptinovacao.pt>)
Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM,  <nelson-m-marques@ext.ptinovacao.pt> wrote:
>> Currently your binary distribution of PostgreSQL for Enterprise Linux has a
>> virtual provides for 'postgresql' which has no version associated with it
>> (there's good and bad things depending on usage regarding this
>> methodology).

> The PostgreSQL project doesn't have any direct control over Red Hat's
> spec files, although Tom Lane, a PostgreSQL core team member, also
> works at Red Hat.  I would suggest that you take this up with Red Hat
> directly...

There is no such Provides: in the Red Hat spec files, so I would assume
that this complaint is actually about the PGDG RPMs.  Devrim?