Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version

От Nelson Manuel Marques
Тема Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Feel free to ignore this 'bug report', it's most likely INVALID, as I assum=
ed it was a binary release from upstream, which is incorrect. In fact I was=
 referring to the 'PGDG' RPM's. Mainly the situation is that the PostgreSQL=
 provided by Red Hat on RHEL5 doesn't suit our needs, and while PGDG offers=
 a more attractive choice, it also became not an option due to the packagin=
g methodology applied (the usage of 'alternatives'). So we've decided to bu=
ild our own packages for the future according to our real needs, including =
a bit more of configuration effort and we will most likely share them throu=
gh our repositories for maybe someone who might have very close needs.

My apologies for rushing in filing a bug report based on innacurate informa=
tion, I should've done the research before and not after the bug report sub=
mission.

I would also take this opportunity to express my sincere votes of a Merry C=
hristmas and a Happy Year to the developing team of PostgreSQL, all the pac=
kagers and distributors and everyone else in the ecosystem.

Best Regards,
NM

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques